How do I whiten my teeth with professional trays?
Tooth Whitening Instructions :
- Make sure you brush and floss your teeth thoroughly before placing the trays in your mouth. If the gel can’t reach your enamel, it won’t work.
- Place the gel where indicated by the dental a ssistant (usually all anterior teeth and premolars)
- Place the trays in your mouth.
- With a toothbrush, finger, or tissue, wipe away any excess gel that ha s extruded out of the tray onto your gums.
Duration of use for nighttime whitening (Polanight, Opalescence):
- Leave the trays in for 1½ hours for the first day.
- Leave the trays in for 2 hours the second day.
- If your teeth don’t feel too sensitive, you can wear them overnight for the remainder of the 2 weeks.
- If your teeth are getting sensitive, go back to wearing them 1½ hours and use them every other day.
Duration of use for daytime whitening (Poladay):
- Leave the trays in for 30 minutes the first day.
- Starting on the second day, you can use th e trays for 30 minutes twice a day.
- If everything feels OK, you can increase the time to 45 minutes.
- If your teeth become sensitive, decrease the time to 30 minutes, or wear the trays only once a day.
When you remove the trays, gently brush your teeth to remove residual gel.
You will be given your upper tray first. Af ter approximately 2 weeks you will be given your lower tray. This is so you can per ceive the difference bleaching has made.